Writing a blog entry! For YOU! Let’s run down some of the things that have been clogging my brain lately, shall we?
1. The election/campaign/clusterfuck: Now, I’m not going to get all into this, because I feel like all I ever do is talk about politics these days. However. The whole Palin thing needs a couple of bullet points.
- I am insulted as a woman that this nomination was made. THIS is supposed to court Hillary voters? This joke of a politician? I’m supposed to support Palin because we both have vaginas? Is that how the Republicans think?
- She sold out her pregnant teenage daughter to deflect the rumor that her son was actually her grandson. Klassy.
- The woman stands against gun control, against reproductive rights, has no experience, and in her 20 months in office in Alaska, has already embroiled herself in a scandal. If this is a representation of the shattering of the glass ceiling and the representation of the sisterhood, it is not a sisterhood I want to be associated with. Ever.
Okay, that’s enough of that. I thought the DNC was inspiring, and brought me back to the 1992 election, an election I was not even old enough to vote in, but the election that made me believe that politics were vitally important, and that change was possible, and that I could be a part of it. Nuff said. And Democrats? Please ackrite. The Republicans are crashing and burning on their own. Take the high road. For realsies, don’t blow this. We need you.
2. I’ve spent my Labor Day weekend with my face firmly planted in a book. Well, two books. And not just any books. The books of the damned, the books that make women all aflutter even though they are marketed for teenagers and are about teenagers, but ZOMG angsty VAMPIRE teenagers and it totally doesn’t count that Edward Cullen is 17 cause he’s been a vampire since 1901 which makes him totally legal, so says I, the end.
I have a lot to say about these books, and I promise that it doesn’t ALL involve "MISS BANSHEE + EDWARD CULLEN = TROO WUV 4EVA" although some of it does. But that is another post for another day, when I get through the second two books, which, given that I plowed through "Twilight" in an afternoon and "New Moon" in that evening and next morning, should take me approximately 14 minutes to read. (For those doing the math at home, that is approximately 1100 pages of teenage vampire angst in a 24 hour period. I need a meeting of some sort.)
3. I’ve been thinking ab-oh wait. Stewart has something to say.
EHH! TWITTER STEWIE’S NAP! HI INNERNETS! YAY! Zzzzzzzz.
3. Um, okay, there is no number three. Not much else is going on. I need to stop eating so many Twinkies. I should cut down on the coffee before I actually take flight. I found myself the other day SWIFFERING MY BATHROOM CEILING to mop up the leak it has sprung. I am waiting for fall, and the abatement of constant sweating. I bought a dress that makes me look like I should be hosting a 1970’s key party. There’s a goddamn fly in here. I dyed my hair and my forehead is still purple. Yeah, I got nothing.
As you were, internets! Hope you had a great holiday weekend!